Monday, February 04, 2008

A List Party

It's about time I got to work a fun celebrity party. And work I did! The homes in the Hollywood Hills are quite lovely, until you have to carry lots of dishes up and down three flights of steps hundreds of times a night!

Saturday I worked a birthday party for a talent agent at a major agency. There were a lot of A-list talent there. We were told before the party to give great service, remain invisible, and don't give out any head shots. "What about scripts" I asked?

Some of the guests I served, who ate appetizers off my tray, included Laura Linney, (so sweet) Jennifer Aniston (very pretty, nice shoes) Orlando Bloom, Natalie Portman, Christina Ricci, Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman.

A pretty nice gathering, a fun party, lots of cigarettes, and everyone exclaimed how bad they were being for eating anything other than carrot sticks. When the cake came out, you could just see them making plans for extra personal training sessions on Monday with every bite.

There was a psychic at the party, and all I could think of was that it should have been Kris. I can't wait till Kris is psychic to the stars, and reading all these people! How fun. I kept emailing Kris all night with updates...Jen's shoes are marvelous...Natalie is getting a reading...the cake is delicious.

Today I called the party planner who produced the party and sent her some info on Kris. I want Kris to be "the" clairvoyant to the stars! I want her to be at these parties. I've said it before, and its no joke, I want to be a kept man, and live in the manner to which I want to be accustomed. I know Kris wants that too, so its all good.

By the end of the night, after ten hours of going up and down those stairs, I was exhausted. I didn't get home till after 3am, and didn't get enough sleep. I was so excited - it was Super Bowl Sunday!

That is another story for another day.

Who is you favorite celebrity?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer (she always wears nice shoes) and don't forget Orlando. How were they at the party?

Anonymous said...

NOEL!
YOU LUCKY GUY! JENNIFER ANNISTON?!?!?!
Your new year is quite on the rise! Good job booking the audition and good luck! Can't wait to hear about the argument.

The Noel Olken Show said...

You know, I was pleased to see how genuine and down to earth everyone was. They were just at a birthday party for a friend.

Orlando was like so many young hip men, very cool and charming.

Jennifer Aniston looks in real life exactly how she looks on screen. I got a real nice vibe from her. She was pleasant, smiling, nice to the staff, talked to everyone. You want some dirt though, don't you? Well here it is...Jen likes dolma, but doesn't like spanikopita! There, that should get the blogosphere buzzing!

Rachel McAdams arrived late and most of the food had been brought down to the kitchen (garage)already. Instead of just asking someone to bring her a plate, she wanted to go down to the kitchen. The staff was on break, sitting on coolers and eating. One of the servers brought her down, and she and a friend just wanted some food. She didn't mind eating off a plastic plate with plastic utensils. One of the kitchen helpers made a plate for her as she made small talk with the staff. She was very nice. She carried her plate upstairs.

skippy said...

Hey Noel

Sounds like a great night. Can you tell us how Rachel looked...heard that she has short hair now!! Shes seems like an awesome down to earth person!!

The Noel Olken Show said...

short dark hair, very sweet person.

Anonymous said...

I think you're tired of answering questions but I have one more :).

Jennifer Aniston, Natalie Portman and Orlando Bloom were all at one table or at different tables?

Thank you Noel!

The Noel Olken Show said...

Maya, there were no tables, it was a house party, people mingled all over the house and garden/pool area.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Noel! I'm a fon of Jen, Natalie and Orlando and wanted to know with whom they talked, are friend with etc. Thanks for taking time answering my question.

The Noel Olken Show said...

Maya, you're welcome. The thing I like most about seeing celebrities is how they deal with all the attention. And a t a party like this, with no paparazzi around, no fans, they were just normal people. That was refreshing to see.