Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a week!

I worked at an art gallery all week in Santa Monica. 41 hours in 4 days, so there was no time to write. Fun work, being an "installer", hanging around art and artists all day. Beats clearing dishes and bussing tables at a Bat Mitzva. Oh, yeah, I forgot, that's tonights job.

Anyway, I wasn't around all week, so I couldn't write. When I did get home, about midnight, I had to do all my other chores, go through the audition break downs and submit myself for future work. The gallery job was a blessing, but I also missed three auditions and my agent is probably pissed. Oh well, when she pays my rent I won't have to take a day job.

I have an audition this morning in a few minutes, so I gotta run. Its for a creature-feature. You know, car breaks down in the desert, monster comes at night to kill, the survivors have to figure out how to stay alive. I'd love to do a film like that. I'll let you know.

I never heard back from the hosting job for the food pilot. Shit, I would have loved that one. You can't get too attached to anything, you know? The actor's life is funny. Sure you want every job you audition for, but you know you won't get it. You're happy for the ones you do get, and the rest you just have to let go.

GLPNTmz#sdkFop*ritunvDdf&Vnld@iftunZweqrnXgensssssss !!!!! That was the sound of me letting go!

What do you have to let go of?

Thanks for your comments! I carry the letter with me.

2 comments:

Kris Cahill said...

I'd love to see any movie you're in! I hope I get to see a lot of them.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how the audition goes... best of luck!