Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A round number.

Its been over a month since my last post. I do that sometimes; ignore my responsibilites. I know I should write, but I don't.

Anyway, today seems like the day to write again. I have three friends who are born on this day. That's a lot of friend's birthdays for one day. It's the only day of the year I can think of like that. My birthday comes in second, I have another friend who I share that particular day of birth with. Some one somewhere is born each and every day. It works.

So today is a day to write about birth and age. S turns 47, J turns 50, and M is 56. Is there some connection there? Maybe not. 50 is a round even number. We like round even things a lot, don't we? I think if the vote for president were between a round even thing and square odd thing, even would win by a landslide. Why is 50 so important an age? Why do we consider each new decade so important? I've always believed each new year, even or odd, to be the most important. Hurray! I'm still allive - another year. Are these just the ramblings of someone approaching 50?

Kris accused me of being in a mid-life crisis yesterday. Well I am in mid life, but a crisis? I don't think so. I haven't gone out and bought a little red sports car, I haven't decided I have to jump from an airplane. No, I just produce movies, play in arock and roll band and take piano lessons. Is that a crisis?

I feel like traveling to India for a few months, to wander aimlessly in a foreign land. Is that a crisis? If it helps me get to the next big round number, it can't be bad.

Happy birthday my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»