Friday, August 13, 2010

Only 5 more months to Human Trafficking day!

I last wrote on 1/11. Today is 8/11. Human Trafficking awareness day is 1/11. Wow.

Well, human trafficking has become a part of my life again. I'm raising money on Kickstarter now to release my film, Meditations On Trafficking, on DVD. Its going okay, but we have a long way to go. Here is a link it: http://kck.st/af0Ql9

It has been a number of years since I did all my research into trafficking, and I'm glad to say, now that I am back to it again, that it is easier to find more. I guess that could also be seen as a negative. Is there more trafficking than there was nine years ago? Seems like it. Or did they just not see it all

With the world economy the way it is, it sure seems like there would be more crime overall, and trafficking is a crime, first, and a despicable act second.

So, if they know where all this trafficking is going on, and if they know where it takes place, and if they know who is doing it....why can't they simply stop it?

I truly believe if we wanted, as a nation, as a superpower, as a planet, to eliminate trafficking, we could do it. But who has the patience to focus on one thing at a time and actually make a difference in the world. That's what its gonna take.

Well, stopping it is simply not in the best interest of the masters of the universe. They like a little seemliness around the edges. They like a little nookie too, once in a while, and they like it when someone else gets their hands dirty.

Human trafficking takes place to feed the sexual appetite of men worldwide. Not poor men, or colored men, or skinny men or fat men, not rich men or poor man, just men.

And so it is, men want hookers, and there just isn't enough to go around. So they have to procure it. Like the vampires on True Blood. They take it. Unlike Vampires, traffickers have absolutely no redeeming qualities what-so-ever.

I hate traffickers. I hope they all die.

No comments: