Wednesday, February 07, 2007

LA Forensics

Well, it's just a few weeks short of one year since I moved to Los Angeles. I am still full of certainty that it was the right thing to do and that I am on my way to getting what I want here. The pieces are falling into place.

Today I will do my first TV show in a featured role. I will be the lead detective investigating a crime on LA Forensics, a show that airs on the Court TV network. I don't know if it airs outside of Los Angeles. I watched it last night, and it breaks down a real crime with interviews with the real detectives, and filmed recreations of the crime and how it was solved by LAPD.

I am booked for three days and I'm looking forward to it. It should be some good stuff for my reel, and it should be a real hoot. I get to look all serious and play a cop on TV. While the recreations are without dialog as a voice over explains what's happening, I've already been rehearsing the lines I remember from so many cop shows: Where were you the night of...You're lying!....Come on, let me help you out here....You scum bag, why I have shit on the bottom of my shoes with more brains than you...Miss, what were you doing with six grams of crack up your ass?... The perp knew the vic...he's getting away!!!...stop, LAPD!...and other fun things like that.

I think this is my first cop role.

Book em!

No comments: