Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My First Gig in LA


Hello. Thanks for all your comments. I really appreciate that people actually take the time to read this stuff and respond.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about my first gig here in LA. It came from, of course, Craigs List, where I do all my shopping. I responded to an ad from a production company looking for people to try a new coffee maker and willing to give a taped testimonial about their experience. In exchange, you get the coffee maker.

Well, if you know me, you know I love coffee. So I responded, and the next day, a production assistant brought the Krups coffee maker you can see me holding, to my apartment. They also sent along some coffee to get me started.

It's a great coffee maker, really. And after doing some research, I discovered that the single serve coffee "pod" market is really big. There are dozens of review sites, blogs, and providers of these pods. You can even buy organic, shade grown, non-slave labor, unbleached cotton, environmentally friendly pods. Cool!

It's a little more expensive than buying bulk coffee, that is one draw back, but it is working out okay.

Next, I'll tell you about my 2nd gig, directing a short film, but I have to go to an audition now. Later.

Oh, did I tell you, I'm a Hollywood director?

peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»