Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sundance 2007 - Day 5

No, we didn't get up at 7 and get to Park City by 8. We did wake by 9 and get out of the motel by 11. We are not being very good at getting up early. And why should we? We're on vacation, screw it.

Should we rush to Park City to see a movie? Nah, this will be the Sundance trip where I didn't see any movies I wasn't in. So be it.

Breakfast, er, lunch, on Main street, a quick stop at the festival store to buy a poster where we are assualted by the angry bitchiness of a woman working there (Kris - "I hope she enjoys being her all day"), and headed back to Salt Lake City. Our trip to Sundance was over. Kris' first time and she had a blast. You talk to people everywhere, everyone is in a good mood, there is so much energy, and it's all about film. So cool.

We had lunch in Salt Lake with my friend Andy, who I've known since third grade, and who was also in Footlighters with me.

Then we flew home. Uneventful.

If you have never been to Sundance, you really should try to go sometime. It is an awesome experience, especially if you are in the film biz, or just love movies. You rarely get a chance to ask a director or an actor a question after a movie, but at the Q & A's after every screening there you do. A lot of film lovers go and volunteer to work the festival a few hours a day and then get to see films and go to parties.

You see celebrities, you go to parties. It's a blast.

I'm going to start planning next years trip to Sundance, today.

Hope this wasn't too boring. I know I tend to write too much and edit too little. I love details. I love coincedence. I love telling stories.

Now I have to go back to writing about other stuff. What's next? I don't know. Tune in tomorrow and find out.

No comments: