Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Blogs Of War

It was about 7:30 am the other day when I was startled awake by a pounding at my door.

Sleepily, I went to see who it was. I peered through the peep hole. I saw a couple of suits.

"Who's there?" I mumbled.

"Blog Police" came a response from the other side of the door.

"What do you want?" I was starting to wake up now, but I think my voice cracked a little.

"Federal Standards created by the Department of Blogs stipulates very clearly that a blogger must maintain his or her blog a minimum number of times per month. You have fallen below the minimum" came the voice from the other side.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.

"This is serious, sir. Your right to blog may be revoked. The internet is not for the weak hearted, or those who can't put out a federally mandated number of words and spaces a month. Get with the program, sir, or get off the net. This is your first and last warning."

"Oh, yeah? And what are you going to do about it if I don't?" I asked, sarcasm dripping from my lips.

The voice on the other side of the door got very soft, almost a whisper. I stood motionless, listening to what he told me, and couldn't move again until the sound of scraping shoes down the hallway disappeared completely.

I immediately went to my computer, and started typing.

No comments: